Friday 2 March 2012

My Icon


I have many Icons that I consider a part of my musical life. For me I think Jimi Hendrix was so inspirational for his short trip in the spotlight. I take him as just one of my icons because of his raw talent which had all become from his early life. His life to me shows what massive things can be accomplished from so little.

At age 15, around the time his mother died, he acquired his first acoustic guitar for $5 US from an acquaintance of his father. This guitar replaced both the broomstick he had been strumming in imitation, and a ukulele which his father had found while cleaning a garage. Hendrix learned to play by practicing for several hours a day, watching others play, getting tips from more experienced players, and listening to records. His story goes on to achieve only more brilliance and inspire millions.



I believe his lyrics are also words of a genius they fit perfectly with his backing music and seemed appropriate to what message he was giving out.

Blink 182 is another one of my inspirations. Growing up with their music help mould my taste in other genres and other artists. I really enjoy the 'fun' style they have and have a mixture of serious songs with what seems to be funny songs. I still listen to them nowadays as they have had such an impact on me.



My icons consist of the obvious as well, such as Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson but more over, through my childhood I have heard my families taste in music and have enjoyed it over the years. This can be ranging from The Clash, Spandau Ballet, Depeche Mode all the way over to Chris Brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment