Monday 12 December 2011

Inspirations

I have many inspirations through my love of music. I try not to create a bubble of one genre of music that I enjoy, this in turn allows me to broaden my ideas around my video.

Blink 182

I believe this band has had a huge impact on my love of music through my childhood. I think that their music is 'catchy', fun, very enjoyable. However, as well as some of their other immature songs they have more mature songs that have influenced my taste in music at their diverse attitude to music.



The Killers


To begin with I wasn't aware of the type of music they wrote/ sung. Yet, when I heard their hit song 'When You Where Young' I researched them, listened to the album they released to find a previous one already produced and they have became one of the bands that have influenced me the most. Their videos are intriguing as well as the lyrics and to this day,  'When You Where Young' continues to probably be my most favourite song of all time



Green Day


Through word of mouth this band has crawled into being one of the best bands in my head of all time. They have written an infinite number of songs which I haven't even listened to all of them yet but I really enjoy their music. Unbeknownst to many, their music videos have so many messages about life in them and through looking at the oldest videos they have done, you can tell current artists have stolen ideas. They have definitely influenced the way I wish to shoot my video and deserve all my credit for the amount of ideas they have given me.



Little Comets

Not known world wide but this band has some brilliant music. I have recently been introduced and this band is fantastic. I really enjoy their music but on the other hand they have not produced any music videos. I have often pictured a video they could produce and this in turn has helped me to become more creative with my own.




The Smiths


This band was present in the 80's but I still listen to them now. This shows how bands can last for years on end. I think their music is one of a kind and is being reborn in clubs around the city. I love the way they have shot their variety of videos to fit in with the lyrics and have truly influenced through style of sound and imagery.



The Clash

The Clash are amazing. Their songs have seemed to live forever and appeared on many shows and films. 'London Calling' is something everyone has listened too and is hugely popular.The style of music they play is unique and have such a variety of songs under their belt it is hard not to be inspired by them



I have so many inspirations, not only from the type of music they play but how they perform, like Alice Cooper with his 'Bad Boy Rockstar' or their style such as the way The Clash are dressed or even on raw talent, like the way Jimi Hendrix plays or how massive U2 are and still keep true to their music. All these factors inspire me in the music industry and this helps me with any idea for a music video and portray it the way i want it to be portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment