Tuesday 1 November 2011

Song choices and ideas

Whilst searching for a song, I had a specific genre that I wanted to portray with my own ideas. I wanted to produce a video for a song similar to my own musical desire. A song that I would choose to listen to if it were in the latest music charts. This required me searching on websites such as unsigned.com and soundcloud.com. 




I found that with unsigned.com it was very easy to categorise what genre I wanted to search for. This gave me a list of bands that I then selected at random based on their name. This meant that I was even searching for a band with a good name, which is very important to audiences.



This is because people want a memorable name which is easily remembered and able to recognise. This got me contemplating and thinking of a name that would appeal to a large audience, something that would sound like a headlining act or even something that could be chanted by fans, easily and enjoyably.

I then chose Eyeshine from unsigned.com. I really enjoyed the music they produced and instantly came up with ideas for their song 'Can't Keep Running Away'. There songs range from tunes and lyrical backgrounds as well as have similarities that I thought suited my opinion about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment