Friday 10 February 2012

audience feedback

Feedback 1

I thought that this music video was good but could improve in a couple of areas. The differentiation between camera angles was put together well as no two shots next to each other were similar, but maybe a larger range of more creative camera angles could be used - although i really liked the low angle shot of the main singer and guitarist. The lip sync and the timing of the instruments need to be worked on so that they look more realistic, as if they are actually being played. A couple of clips need muting as you can hear the background noises and talking which shouldn't be there. In some shots, people are talking and although they are muted, the movement of their lips don't resemble the lyrics, so maybe the shots need re-filming or cutting shorter so that it is less obvious. I really liked the clever shots using the candles on the floor and i like the contrast between light and dark, although i feel that you might need to show a graduation of it getting dark as it is a bit sudden.

Feedback 2

The music video to me was average. I think that the storyline needs improving as it made little sense. I think a larger range would be critical to improve it such as over the shoulder shots etc. However I think that the lip syncing was pretty good, being a rough cut I didn't really pay attention but the scene with the lead singer starting the dialogue was really good. I thought it was also interesting how the lead singer wore the same with band and different clothes outside, it was like a transition of barriers. I think the candle scene was good however it needs to be able to see the face of what I expect was the lead singer. I think the drummer needs to be in time as well, it ruined realism for me. I thought the record idea was very good, it made the start and end link very well but recommend it be slower at the end. All in all i suggest re-film and have the storyline make sense.

Feedback 3

I thought the video itself was quite good, however I did find that the video needed adjustments. I felt the storyline did need to be improved as I got lot half way through. I believe some of the shots really worked well such as the low angle shot of the lead singer in the band. I felt that that showed him as 'powerful' when he was in his band scenario. I thought the candle scene was good and how it fitted with the long sung word 'around' however i think the band needs to come in earlier to make it fully effective. I think it was good how it showed the break down of the lead singer as well, i think it needs more of that or something similar to go with the storyline better.

No comments:

Post a Comment